About Us For Visitors
Visits from family and friends are an important part of the recovery process for patients.
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, we are taking extra steps to protect our community.
To keep everyone safe, we are currently:
- Requiring face coverings at all times within all our facilities
- Screening patients and visitors for symptoms of respiratory infection and travel history
- Limiting visitors to one visitor per patient per day
- Not allowing anyone under the age of 18 to visit
- Restricting visiting hours to 8 am – 7 pm. In order to keep everyone safe, some areas of the hospital may have different policies about visiting at this time.
- Limiting visitor movement within our facility
We will continue to assess our visitation policy and may make adjustments to promote safety within our facility. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Throughout the year, everyone is being asked to help prevent the spread of illness by:
- Cleaning your hands using hand sanitizer or with soap and water when entering the building, during your visit, and when leaving the facility.
- Covering your cough with a tissue or using the crook of an arm, and then cleaning your hands.
- Staying home if you are not feeling well.
Thank you for respecting our policy and committing to keeping us all safe.
Our visitor policy proactively protects our patients, visitors, and staff.
Please check with a nurse or with our information desk if you have questions.
Please be aware the patients have a right to request a restricted status. If a patient makes this request, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center may not confirm the patient's presence in our facility, or accept mail, flowers, or phone calls on his or her behalf.
Out of town visitors may want to consider staying at the Riverside Inn
. The Inn is adjacent to the Medical Center and offers discounts to patrons who are visiting patients in the hospital.