We are holding monthly Virtual Birth Journey Workshop Classes.
All others are temporarily cancelled
VIRTUAL: Birth Journey Preparation
- Monday, August 17 from 6-8pm
- Monday, September 21 from 6-8 pm
Breastfeeding support group update
Due to the changes in our visitor policy, we are temporarily offering our weekly breastfeeding support group via Zoom. These Zoom meetings will take place each Tuesday at 10 am through August 31, 2020. Instructions to join the Zoom meeting can be found below.
- Click here to join the Zoom meeting
- Meeting ID: 438 954 8944
- Password: 816431
- To join via phone only, dial 1-646-876-9923 and use the meeting ID and password above when prompted.
CONGRATULATIONS! You’re expecting, we look forward to meeting you and sharing your birth. We know you’re wondering about our birthing options, labor support and comfort care at The Birthplace. Every birth is unique and very special. Our classes are for expectant parents who are seeking information about coping skills and relaxation ideas.
Breastfeeding is one of the most important things you can do for your baby. In this class, our skilled Birthplace Lactation Consultants will share techniques and tips to help you become comfortable with breastfeeding your baby.
This class teaches parents and caregivers the skills they need to perform Pediatric Basic Life Support (CPR) and the Heimlich maneuver (foreign body airway obstruction and management).
Join trained facilitators from Maine Boys to Men for this one-time, 3.5 hour workshop for expectant dads. Learn how to become more comfortable with your new role as a dad by learning important basic skills about caring for an infant and supporting your partner.
For children ages 2 to 5 this age specific class provides expectant parents and their young children the opportunity to become more familiar with the birthplace and prepares them for the new baby’s arrival.
A few reminders…
- There is a fee for childbirth classes.
- Payment is requested at the first class.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time for check in and payment. Thank-you!
- Limited scholarships are available if needed. Please call 207-553-6320 to see if you qualify.
- Class sizes are limited to provide individual attention.
- All classes are held at the Mercy Fore River Hospital, in our 3rd floor conference room.
Click here to view our Childbirth Education Calendar for upcoming class dates and times.
For more information and to confirm that you are registered for a class, call the Childbirth Education Department at 207-553-6363 or email MPMCBERegistrations@northernlight.org. The best time to schedule your classes is when you’re 6 months along, ideally you’ll finish your classes about 3-4 weeks before your due date.