You may qualify for our Medical Weight Management program if:
Calculate your BMI.
- You are between 18 and 65 years old. Currently, we do not have a program for patients 65 and over as this population is very diverse and does have different needs than younger adult population. We hope to eventually have a program specifically made for those over 65 years.
- You have a BMI (Body Mass Index) in the Overweight Range (27-30 kg/m2) AND have a history of Obesity or currently suffer from obesity-related diseases.
- You have a BMI in the Obese range (greater than 30 kg/m2.
If you have questions about the results or feel that you may qualify, please call us at 207.275.4440.
Patients with the following may not qualify:
- Currently battling cancer. You may qualify later when in remission for 1 year or more.
- Type 1 diabetes
- Severe liver or kidney disease
- Heart attack or stroke within the past three months
- Unstable heart disease
- Seizure disorder
- Uncontrolled psychiatric illness
- Chronic corticosteroid treatment
- Recent major surgery or trauma in the past 9 months
- Pregnancy (current or planned) or currently breastfeeding
- Substance abuse, Alcohol abuse
If you are taking lithium, your blood levels need to be monitored regularly.
Please let us know of any food allergies or intolerances you may have. If you have an intolerance to any food or a genetic or metabolic disorder (such as phenylketonuria and porphyria), an intense diet may not be right for you.