Updated visitation policy
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health of its patients, visitors, and staff, Northern Light Mercy Hospital has implemented the following update to its visitation policy, which is effective immediately.
Except for limited exceptions detailed below, visitors are not allowed admittance to any Northern Light Mercy Hospital facility, including both hospitals, primary care, walk-in care, and specialty care. Visitors that are allowed under the exceptions listed below must (1) be age 18 years or older, (2) not be exhibiting symptoms of an illness, and (3) always wear a face covering while in the facility.
Hospital inpatient areas:
- Obstetrics: One spouse or birthing coach in the Birthplace.
- Critical Care: Two visitors may visit once per day. Visiting hours will be determined by the care team and occur between the hours of 12-8 pm.
- End of Life: Up to four visitors may visit once per day. Visiting hours will be determined by the care team and occur between the hours of 12-8 pm.
- All other inpatient units: One visitor is allowed per day. Visiting hours will be determined by the care team and occur between the hours of 12-8pm.
Patient discharges will be brought to an appropriate entrance for pick up.
Outpatient surgery and procedural areas: One person who is included in the patient’s care plan is allowed in the waiting area, providing there is sufficient space to achieve social distancing requirements.
Emergency department/ancillary/diagnostic areas:
- One person can accompany the patient in the waiting and treatment area if space is adequate to maintain social distancing requirements. Due to space limitations, we may need to ask visitors to leave to ensure that we maintain patient safety.
- Pediatrics: One parent/guardian at a time.
Extraordinary circumstances: One person is allowed as an escort if the patient requires that person’s assistance with mobility, support, or communication with the care team. Such necessity is to be determined by care providers on a case by case basis.
- Obstetrics: One spouse or birthing coach may accompany patient to first visit with provider.
Extraordinary circumstances: One support person can attend the scheduled appointment if the patient is receiving a significant diagnosis such as cancer.