Pittsfield Hospital Earns 5-Star Rating
Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital is proud to announce that we are one of only six hospitals in Maine and 266 hospitals nationwide to have earned a 5-star rating for Patient Experience from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
“We are extremely proud of our staff who are committed to delivering care focused on the needs of each person,” said Terri Vieira, president of Sebasticook Valley Hospital. “It’s a well-coordinated team effort to ensure that each patient’s experience is the best it can possibly be.”
CMS assigned a patient experience star rating to 3,478 hospitals based on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores collected from January 1-December 31, 2019. Ten publicly reported topics are calculated for the star rating. Areas include communication with doctors and nurses; responsiveness of staff; communication about medicines; cleanliness of the facility; and discharge information. Click here for more information on the methodology.
CMS publishes HCAHPS star ratings on the Hospital Compare website to help patients choose a hospital based on patient experience. HCAHPS Star Ratings are updated every quarter.
Below are all the Maine hospitals that received a five-star rating from CMS this quarter:
- Mount Desert Island Hospital (Bar Harbor)
- Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital
- Northern Maine Medical Center (Fort Kent)
- Redington Fairview General Hospital (Skowhegan)
- Stephens Memorial Hospital (Norway)
- York Hospital
- 85 hospitals received one star
- 528 hospitals received two stars
- 1,479 hospitals received three stars
- 1,120 hospitals received four stars
- 266 hospitals received five stars